I’m delighted to introduce you all to Gary. He is a fantasy author so I welcome him to my blog and hope you all follow him to his!
1. Of the characters you have created or envisioned, which is your favorite & why?
I can’t pick a favorite! I do enjoy minor character goblin named Barguth in my 2 novels. Also, my rogue character Rose has taken on a new life of her own and her personality has emerged in my mind, making her easier to write than the rest of them.
2. Do you favor one type of genre or do you dabble in more than one?
Fantasy. Period. I enjoy it more so than any other, especially from a writing standpoint. You are only limited by your imagination. I attempted science-fiction years ago, but it did not have the same flow.
3. Have you got a favorite place to write?
My basement…or at the jersey shore if I can get away. I sometimes write shorthand if I am somewhere and cannot get to the netbook or computer…you know how it is, right? Sometimes the voices just want to get out!
4. What inspires your stories?
Classic fantasy, comic books, playing role-playing games, sometimes mundane life events. It depends. The world is my inspiration.
5. Do you belong to a writing group? If so which one?
Yes, I have joined a writer’s circle recently entitled Skulldust Circle. A great bunch of speculative fiction authors with an eye toward ‘making it’ in the writing world. We are all successful in regards to becoming writers as soon as we put pen to paper. I write for myself mostly and enjoy it when my writing inspires or touches someone else.
6. What age did you start writing stories/poems?
I was a writer/reader since I could start reading comic books and I was a singer/songwriter/lyricist in the late 80’s/early 90’s.
7. Do you have a book published? If so what is it called & where can readers purchase it?
I have three books out already, a Dungeons and Dragons RPG supplement and a short story in ‘A Gathering of Dust’, which is an anthology from my writer’s circle. All of my heroic fantasy can be found on Amazon and CreateSpace: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gary+f.+vanucci
8. If you could meet one favorite author who would it be and why?
I’ve already met R.A. Salvatore at GenCon 2011 (and it was awesome), so I suppose meeting George Martin might be a kick. I would have loved to have met Douglas Adams, too, but that is not in the cards. R.I.P., Douglas.
9. Where can readers find you and your blog?
10. Who is your best supporter/mentor/encourager?
My friend and peer, Nicholas Titano. He supports my writing, helps me stumble through writer’s blocks and pushes me to be my best.