The Liebster Award
Here is the low down:
· When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
· Pass the award on to 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the bloggers that you nominated them!).
· You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
· You are not allowed to nominate the blogger who nominated your blog!
· You paste the award picture into your blog. (You can google the image; there are plenty of them!)
11 Random Facts about Mandy:
- I’m a huge fan of Stephen King
- I love almost all animals, apart from rhino’s…long story!
- My favorite place to write is at my writing desk when everyone else is out.
- When I eat chocolate, it’s white chocolate.
- Although I was shy as a child, I’ve grown into an extrovert.
- Given the opportunity I would live in Italy full time.
- I read many genre’s apart from spy thrillers.
- When I lived in England I visited a multitude of historical sites, just loved them.
- I was a tom-boy.
- Emigrating to Canada has given me opportunities I never even dreamed of.
- Once I commit to something its all out.
Questions for Ed
- What is the one thing you miss about being a child? Being so carefree
- What was your dream job growing up? When I was very young a horse rider but this changed to interior design at around 12.
- Where is your favorite place to relax? With friends, the location doesn’t matter.
- If you have one person to thank for where you are today, who would it be? So difficult…my Dad for his love and my mentor, Linda Pedley for her belief.
- Out of a the celebrities, living or dead, who would do you want to meet? Viggo Mortensen
- What would you say to them? When he is creating artwork or writing poems, does he have mental imagery of the ideas?
- If you were stuck on a remote tropical island, what three(3) things would you take with you (people and pets don’t count)? A massive notebook, a huge amount of pencils and my bookcase (full of books).
- Are you a dog or cat person? I’ve owned both but prefer dogs.
- Are you a TV control dictator? Never get the control! My husband is King of the Remote.
- What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book? Green Mile
- If it hasn’t been made, what book would you like to be seen made into a movie? The Secret Garden by Kate Morton
I hope you enjoyed reading all those, now it’s your turn!
I am passing on the award to:
Now for my questions:
a) Which genre’s do you prefer to read?
b) Is there somewhere in the world you would love to visit?
c) Have you got any phobia’s?
d) Which would you choose – meat or seafood?
e) Which famous person do you wish you were?
f) Are you sporty or not?
g) What was the name of your first pet?
h) A tropical beach or a ski resort?
i) What would be your perfect job?
j) Which snack do you prefer when watching a movie?
k) Which book are you currently reading?
I hope you have fun with this award and remember no tag backs.
And just a short foot note today’s word was – Adage – definition: a traditional saying expressing a common experience or observation : proverb. So as the old adage goes: “Share and share alike”
Pingback: Week 78 – Diversionary tactics… « Becoming a writer
February 10, 2013 at 8:26 pm
You are very welcome…I pop over when you have the award up – I like to read the answers.
February 4, 2013 at 4:45 am
Thanks Mandy – am thinking of questions now…! 🙂
February 1, 2013 at 12:45 pm
Great answers and thank you! You have shown me that, yes, you do put all in when you commit… and I am honored to be part of your writing journey. AND as andioconner said ” VIGGO!”
Pingback: Yet another award: Very Inspiring… Liebster, Makes My Heart Smile, Blog of the Year! Yes all of them… « tiggerrenewing
January 31, 2013 at 12:26 pm
Great answers! Totally with you on Viggo 😉
January 31, 2013 at 6:46 am
Many thanks hun x
January 31, 2013 at 7:50 am