Oh this was heaven sent for today’s word- pun entirely intended! Azure – definition: the blue color of the clear sky. I had begun to write a poem for it : I got this far.
Color of a summer’s day
Bright and beautiful
Azure you lighten the eye
Not cyan nor blue
A whole new hue
But now I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Cheryl Fassett – http://cherylfassett.wordpress.com/
I will focus on that instead. Firstly a great big thank you to Cheryl for nominating me and now the rules.
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
1.Are you a blogger at heart or do you dream of writing novels, plays, poetry? What are your writing goals.
My blog came into being shortly after I joined a writers group and it was suggested I write one! I do write novels, novellas, articles and poems as well. I hope to publish more novels.
2.Where have you traveled? Where do you dream of travelling?
3.What are your greatest pet peeves?
People back stabbing others…if you can’t get on with someone then leave them alone – don’t b***h about them.
4.Do you have pets? If so, names please! If not, do you wish you did?
I sadly lost my darling canine companion, Twinkle in November. Not sure I can get another – it’s so hard to loose them.
5.What super power do you wish you had?
To travel through time.
6.What are your favorite books?
7.What are you reading now?
The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton.
8.What is your best childhood memory?
I have so many to be honest – I think it is playing with friends in the English countryside during the summer and visits to the seaside.
9.What were you afraid of when you were 10?
Not much to be honest – I was a real tom-boy and the boys were scared of me. Once I couldn’t find my parents at home and that scared me. My only other scary thing was rhino’s – a recurring dream of being impaled on its horn and it charging through a huge tent. Nope have no idea why – we weren’t living in Africa then.
10.What is your favorite way to spend a day off?
Alone writing – very antisocial.
11.Do you have a day job? What do you do to pay the bills?
Yes I do have a full time job as a credit assistant – not glamorous at all – but I work with some nice people.
Eleven random facts about me:
1. I used to clean gravestones as a kid. 2. I would ‘escape’ the garden with my dog & two cats. 3. My favorite colour is purple. 4. I called my first car “Babe’. 5. My favorite season is autumn. 6. I’m right handed. 7. I love Wall-E. 8. I have a letter from Stephen King on my wall. 9. My favorite animal is a tiger. 10. I always wanted to be a squaw as a child. 11. I’ve seen ghosts.
Now to share the award, please visit these wonderful bloggers.
Questions for my nominees:
1. Which season do you love?
2. Do you feel the burn or enjoy a stroll?
3. Dog or cat person?
4. Do you prefer town or country to live in?
5. What is your current favorite TV program?
6. Activity vacation or leisurely beach spot?
7. Which super hero is your favorite?
8. Which genre(s) do you write?
9. What would you do with $1 million dollars?
10. Given the choice would choose chocolates, flowers or something else for a gift?
11. Gold or silver jewelry?
I hope you have fun with this award.