I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by https://evablaskovic.com/. Thank you, Eva, for the nomination and congratulations to you for winning this award.
Eva has an eclectic blog covering a wide range of subjects and always has interactive parts to her blog.
I am supposed to give a brief history of how my blog started and offer two pieces of advice to new bloggers. My responses are below.
A brief history of how my blog started
I started my blog in August 2010 – yep a long time ago and have covered numerous subjects, promoted my books and hosted lots of author interviews. I commit to a schedule and topics prior to 1st January every year, this keeps me focused and accountable to my readers. It also gives my followers an idea of what will be posted and when.
My initial idea for my blog was to write about my writing journey, what I learned and in time my published works. These are my first two posts – short and sweet and to the point!
I did not have a schedule just wrote when the inspiration hit but gradually I became more organized. In the six years I have been blogging I have met some awesome writers, connected with strange and informative blogs, and many creative people – long may it continue.
My most intense year was 2013 when I used a word of the day desk calendar as my inspiration for a blog post and yes I posted every single day! It made me use my creativity and kept me busy. Not sure I would commit to that kind of schedule again, three times a week is plenty in my mind.
I will continue to write about my writing journey and encourage other writers/authors to share their experiences too. As my byline states – Inspiration for writers and building a community.
Two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Initially decide on what you want to say or share. It may only be one or two subjects but that’s okay. In time it will grow.
- Decide on the number of posts you want to commit to each week – it doesn’t have to be multiple one is fine, just at the same time on the same day of the week. This gives followers a chance to find it easily.
The rules of this award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 5 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
- Add Blogger Recognition Award to your post