This week I do not have any events to attend, (I know a complete shock!), however I will be working hard to finalize freelance projects in anticipation of the writing retreat I will be attending from Thursday. I feel like a little kid waiting for the escape of school term and the long expanse of the summer.
At our retreat we do not set course work or discussion topics, however I do set a prompt, which can be ignored or completed. It is for light relief rather than as an exercise. As for retreat rules we only have a few.
- Respect other writers privacy. If their door is closed do not enter, however if it is open then visitors are allowed.
- Meals should be taken together not only because they are delicious but it is a time to connect, discuss and refresh mind and body.
- Remember to take breaks – whether a walk with a companion or alone, change your writing/reading location or to have a discussion.
- Set your own writing goals for the retreat.
- After supper gather to relay progress, connect and relax.
Have you been on a retreat?
What rules did they have (if any)?
What benefit did you derive from it?