Insouciance – definition: lack of care or concern : indifference
I’m suffering chronic back pain at the moment, with crutches to walk and pain med’s. This has highlighted how much we take for granted in our everyday lives. The simplest task becomes a trial and brings into focus how indifference to our wellbeing has consequences. Yes, I’m guilty of lifting heavier objects than I should but also for forgetting how little I ‘move’ in my regular day. I will blast around cleaning the house and digging the garden and then pay the consequences of over exertion.
Instead a little exercise every day would be easier on my body and to that end I had signed up with the 30×30 challenge for May. See here: http://30×30.davidsuzuki.org/ I had started well going out on evening walks which were very pleasant.
Obviously I can not participate at the moment, walking across the living room is painful enough! But I hope that my chiropractor will set me right after a few more visits. At least after two manipulations he has eased the pain and I don’t have pins & needles in my foot now. That did worry me a lot.
So I pledge here and now that I will exercise regularly once I’m fully recovered and not go from the work desk to my home writing desk without ‘movement’ of some kind. Although I don’t have my canine companion around anymore I will walk every evening. It’s a start and from there I hope to do more.
I know how easy it is to be drawn into the cyber world and look up to see hours have passed while sitting on my behind!
If you have any tips I would be more than interested to hear.
I will focus on that instead. Firstly a great big thank you to Cheryl for nominating me and now the rules.
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
1.Are you a blogger at heart or do you dream of writing novels, plays, poetry? What are your writing goals.
My blog came into being shortly after I joined a writers group and it was suggested I write one! I do write novels, novellas, articles and poems as well. I hope to publish more novels.
2.Where have you traveled? Where do you dream of travelling?
I have so many to be honest – I think it is playing with friends in the English countryside during the summer and visits to the seaside.
9.What were you afraid of when you were 10?
Not much to be honest – I was a real tom-boy and the boys were scared of me. Once I couldn’t find my parents at home and that scared me. My only other scary thing was rhino’s – a recurring dream of being impaled on its horn and it charging through a huge tent. Nope have no idea why – we weren’t living in Africa then.
10.What is your favorite way to spend a day off?
Alone writing – very antisocial.
11.Do you have a day job? What do you do to pay the bills?
Yes I do have a full time job as a credit assistant – not glamorous at all – but I work with some nice people.
Eleven random facts about me:
1. I used to clean gravestones as a kid. 2. I would ‘escape’ the garden with my dog & two cats. 3. My favorite colour is purple. 4. I called my first car “Babe’. 5. My favorite season is autumn. 6. I’m right handed. 7. I love Wall-E. 8. I have a letter from Stephen King on my wall. 9. My favorite animal is a tiger. 10. I always wanted to be a squaw as a child. 11. I’ve seen ghosts.
Now to share the award, please visit these wonderful bloggers.