It was my pleasure to be interviewed on Sunday 6th September by Mike Deregowski on his show, The Writers Block at Sound Sugar Radio. Due to COVID19 restrictions the interview was conducted over the telephone.
To prepare for the interview, I took the following steps, which I hope may help you.
- Firstly, we agreed on a date for the interview.
- I then asked what the procedure would be prior to the interview. Such as, what time I needed to be available, and was I calling in or would they call me.
- I also asked about details of the interview – time I would actually be on air, types of questions they would ask and any special points they wished me to cover.
- As I was sharing an excerpt from my upcoming novel, The Commodore’s Gift, I chose two options of five minutes each.
- I practiced reading them aloud several times. This allowed me to ‘hear’ the piece and also decide on inflections in my reading voice.
- Once I had read them, I knew which one gave enough detail of the genre and story but also left a question to entice readers.
- Prior to the interview itself, I posted across my social media that I would be doing the interview and shared the links to the radio station. After all the more the merrier.
- One the interview had taken place, I once again shared the link to my social media sites. Then added it to my media kit on my blog.
The Commodore’s Gift will be officially launched at Words in the Park – Virtual on 26th September 2020.