So my excitement got the better of me and I forgot to write this post – so sorry for my tardiness. I have been busy tying up loose ends, revising freelance projects and ensuring I can leave for my writing retreat tomorrow with a clear desk. On the retreat I will only focus on my writing, which will enable me to ‘complete’ two manuscripts and add to another. These are my retreat goals.
- Final read of Life in Slake Patch
- Complete revisions and read through of The Twesome Loop
- Continue to write my newest story, Bubble the Gruggle.
- Enjoy no TV, no cell service and no WiFi.
- Converse, share and enjoy my retreat companions company.
- Indulge in the most fantastic meals.
- Enjoy reading curled up in a cozy corner.
Her Fearful Symmentry by Audrey Niffenegger – I will most certainly finished this book this week. Just love the characters.
Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn – chances are as this is more novella than novel that I will finish this book over my writing retreat as well.
Then onto new stories!
Learn from the masters:
Read works by highly successful authors to learn what earns a loyal readership.
Read works by the canonical authors so you understand what constitutes a respectable literary achievement.