An article is a written work published either in a print or electronic form. It can propagate news, research results, academic analysis, or debate. These articles are published within a magazine, which is a collection of written articles. At its root, the word “magazine” refers to a collection or storage location.
Magazine writers are essentially journalists. They find, research and write stories that interest readers in line with the particular magazines genre they are submitting to, so it does vary greatly from the kinds of journalistic articles written for newspapers.
Articles follow a format with a headline, a byline, a a lead and the body or running text and finally the conclusion. There are various categories of articles:
- Academic paper – an article published in an academic journal. These articles give their writers status within their particular academic field, by the frequency they are cited by authors of other articles and how many articles the writer has published.
Essay – a piece of writing that gives the author’s own argument.
- Scientific paper – an article published in a scientific journal.
- Blog – blog article subjects are as diverse as the writers creating them from magazine type content to personal journal to refined subject matter.
- Encyclopedia article – is primarily a division of content.
- Marketing article – content designed to draw the reader to a commercial website or product.
- Usenet article – a message written in the style of e-mail and posted to an open moderated or unmoderated Usenet newsgroup.
- Spoken article – a audio recording, commonly known as a podcast.
- Listicle – an article where the primary content is a list. These are most popular on blogs.
- Portrait – portrait of a person.
I was recently approached to publish an article I wrote. The first link is live now. The second will publish the article in the next few weeks.
Articles can cover a multitude of subjects and there is always a ‘place’ for your views and thoughts, should you want to submit content.
Why not share where you have had articles published?