Please welcome Joe, a time travel expert making his stories beguiling. When you read his latest novel, Time’s Hostage, you will understand why I used today’s word – Bravado – definition: a display of reckless or pretended bravery. *Hint * character’s in the book!
Of the characters you have created or envisioned, which is your favorite and why? I’d say my favorite character to date is the one I am currently creating. She is an alien from a planet that is completely uneducated about the world around them. She is strong and will go against the society if she feels that they are wrong, even if she knows it could turn her world upside down.
- Do you favor one type of genre or do you dabble in more than one? I enjoy writing paranormal/supernatural stories and a lot of my stories have a time travel element but I also play around with other genres.
- It depends on my mood and what inspires me.
- Have you got a favorite place to write? I don’t have a particular favorite place to write. Most often it’s just been in my office but now that I have a new laptop, I may discover a favorite place.
- Do you plan your stories or are you a seat of the pants type of writer? I daydream a lot and that’s where I work out a lot of the details in my stories.
- What inspires your stories? Different things will inspire my writing. I have been inspired by conversations, a piece of music, or a dream. Inspiration can come at me from just about anywhere.
- What are you currently reading? I don’t do a lot of reading. Currently, I am reading a Bathroom Reader.
- Do you have any odd habits or childhood stories? I’m not sure if I have what you would call odd habits and I have many different childhood stories; too many to include here.
- Do you have any pets? I have one cat named Bandit.
- Do you belong to a writers group? If so, which one? I belong to the Writers Foundation of Strathcona County.
- What age did you start writing stories/poems? I have enjoyed writing since an early age. Creative Writing was always my favorite subject in school. I began writing my first novel, Time’s Hostage, when I was in Junior High School.
- Do you have a book published? If so, what is it called and where can people buy it? I do have one book published; it’s called Time’s Hostage and can be found and purchased on Smashwords.com and Amazon.
- If you could meet one favorite author, who would it be and why? I think I’d like to meet H.G. Wells. I have only read one of his books, The Time Machine, and though it’s not one of my favorites, he’s a writer from the distant past and deals with similar themes that I like to explore and I think it would be fun to meet and talk with him.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I can’t say that I’d want to live anywhere other than the province that I live in now. I was born here and despite the cold winters, I like it here.
- What is your favorite movie of all time? Back to the Future
- Where can readers find you and your blog? I do not currently have a blog.
- Do you have plans/ideas for your next book? I always have ideas for upcoming projects. The ideas seem to come at me faster than I can write them out.
- Who is your best supporter/mentor/encourager? My mom and dad have always been great supporters of mine. They try to make it to my readings as much as they can.