As I said this subject required a second post. So for those of you yearning to travel the globe but still earn some income, here are the other options open to you.
11. This option depends on your personality and if you are willing to put in a few months research. Affiliate Marketing may be the source of income to give you your freedom.
12. Another option is selling goods online. These can be your own crafts where you set up a website or shop on a online sales outlet. There is a good deal of marketing that is required but it can work.
13. Day-Trading is another option that requires research and knowledge on the markets but again can be maintained remotely.
14. An ultimate job is to be allowed the option to work remotely thereby giving you freedom to work anywhere while still receiving a good salary.
15. Why not look after someone’s home when they are away? It can be a couple of weeks, months or even years dependent on the location and type of home.
16. Teaching is not limited to languages, how about dance classes, or yoga, or tutoring another subject as well as musical instruments.
17. For those of you with an artistic or creative personality, try joining an international traveling show, such a circus, music band, theater group or dance show.
18. If you are multilingual becoming am interpreter or translator is another way to utilize your skills to travel.
19. This is not for everyone, but online poker can reap rewards as long as you are good at the game. Remember that not all locations allow online gambling (United States) so check before you play.
20. If you are good with children there is the option of employment as an au pair.
21. If you have great skills in photography sell your images online. People love photos of exotic locations and images of life abroad.
22. Why not sell your art and crafts at local markets? There is a wealth of tourists wanting souvenirs. There are many market circuits to follow.
23. With an artistic talent there is always busking – you can dance, juggle, play an instrument or sing. Just check the legalities first.
24. Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) – although you will not be paid you will have room and board and travel. You can do good while exploring the world.
25. Peace Corps is an option but remember it is a two-year commitment. You will receive a housing and living allowance, student loan assistance and full medical and dental coverage. Working in third world locations assisting with health, agriculture and environment issues.
26. WWOOF is World Wide Organization of Organic Farms – you work 4-6 hours a day in exchange for food and housing with a host family.
What other skills or jobs do you know of that allow you to travel?
Part One here: https://mandyevebarnett.com/2016/04/20/alternative-living-the-wandering-part-1/