I am asking for help naming my heroine in my steampunk novel, The Commodore’s Gift. I have named her Owena but need to know your thoughts. I used Owena as it is a Welsh name meaning young warrior.
The images above are for reference only, to give you an idea of how I envisage her.
To give you some background on her – here are a few things about her.
1. Comes from a upper middle class family background but not super wealthy.
2. Her mother died when she was young.
3. She was brought up by her father and older brother – they allowed her to learn from ‘manly’ literature, practice sword play and was more ‘tomboy’ than debutante.
4. She is feisty, adventurous and opposed to a conventional female role in society.
5. She stands up for herself.
Comment below with your suggestions. Thanks for taking part.
Remember you can find my books on these websites:
March 3, 2020 at 12:25 pm
I like the name Owena. I think you should keep it. It has significance, and she is your creation. You wouldn’t want anyone else naming your kids or your pets. Naming a protagonist can be (almost) equally personal. She soulds like an interesting character. I look forward to the read.
LikeLiked by 1 person
March 3, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Thank you Pamela for your input. 🙂