Firstly, thank you to all my followers, who make this blog so worthwhile and fun to write. Your interactions and likes mean so much to me.
As a writing community we need to support, encourage and connect with each other. Our writing space, be it a home office, a dining table, a cozy chair or even a shed are our inspirational spaces where we create our stories. We become a vehicle for our characters to whisper in our ears and that is our happy place. It is however, a solitary place, for the most part, and knowing we can connect through blogs gives us a gift. We can ‘glimpse’ another writer’s world and connect.
Blog Schedule for 2019:
Take your Pick Tuesday
Will be author interviews, event news, WIP progress updates, topics relating to my novel’s genre and any other random thoughts. If you would like to be interviewed please contact me.
Blog Question and Answer Thursday.
I hope you will join me in 2019 as I am going to restructure my blog to enable all of you to ask or answer a monthly topic. The first Thursday of every month, I will start the conversation with a question. You may answer on that post or on the subsequent Thursday’s in the month. Raise more questions on that month’s topic or answer it in relation to your writing style or expertise. I welcome any writer/author to link to their blog if they have a similar topic or theme to the initial question.
Happy writing for 2019 and I look forward to our interactions during the year.
I’m too excited to wait so I’m posting this event now! My fellow author pal, Eva Blaskovic and I are having a joint book signing on 8th July at Audrey’s Books, Jasper Avenue, Edmonton 12:00 – 1:00 pm. Everyone is welcome!
Come and see our new and improved novels, get your book signed and ask us questions on the stories or our writing process.
My main event for this week is on Saturday, which is my writing group’s 8th annual conference. It is always a incredible day of words, writers, writing, networking and meeting new authors.
This year to celebrate Canada’s 150 – we have made the theme Canada – no surprise there! The sessions will be all things Canadian and a fun interactive workshop will be the first session to set the mood. It is a full day (separate sessions can be booked if preferred) testing your writing skills, learning and embracing the written word.
I am presenting one of three short workshops in the first hour but my main presentation is later in the day. My workshop will be creating a Canadian character. I have worked hard to make the session interesting, informative but also fun! Wish me luck.
In Picton, ON, and the surrounding area, the Prince Edward County Writers Festival takes place April 20–22, featuring Steve Burrows, Joy Fielding, Wallace Edwards, Merilyn Simonds, Zoe Whittall, and others.
Talking about my newest YA book, Clickety Click but also my other books too.
So now I’ve actually watched myself on this TV interview (cringe but I don’t think I was too awful!!!) I can share it – go to 11.04 on the time line. I wanted to thank my gracious hosts for inviting me onto the show. It was a lot of fun.
My good friend, Mandy Eve-Barnett, asked me a couple of weeks ago to write a little something on reincarnation. I asked her to provide me with a guideline as this subject could easily be interminable, and she did.
Now, before I go ahead and give you the question and answer period, I want to admit that I have been a vocal proponent of reincarnation for many years. In fact, I was fourteen when I began to question the wisdom around me and consider this possibility. Since, well, let’s just say I have found supporters in many corners of the world, and by acting like the doubting Thomas my father always preached I should be to get to the truth, information began to flow and I began supporting the reincarnation premise even faster. Since, then, I have also come across a few of my past lives in what I call lucid dreaming, and in flashback bits of memory when encountering people who are very familiar to me, or when traveling to places that have spawned memories so vivid, I could not discount the souvenirs. All this information has, of course, strengthened my belief in reincarnation.
Furthermore, for all you enthusiasts who would like to find out more, you can touch base with the writings of Edgar Cayce who was the first sleeping prophet I consulted. His books on the subject provide extensive verification of the matter.
Another theorist on the issue for those of you who wish to make a more thorough investigation in the world of incarnation, you may consult Helen Wambach who worked in this field a long time and has documented many such occurrences using a scientific approach. She has many video interviews on the subject accessible through Internet.
Last but certainly not least, I thought who best to consult on this matter than a friend, Dr. Dorothy Neddermeyer who found interest in this topic as early as 1954 and has embraced her mission with dedication, education, and a vast experience in working in the field most of her life. For the purpose of this interview, Mandy and I (Joss Landry) have submitted a few questions to Dr. Neddermeyer, and here are some of her notable answers. Please note that Dr. Neddermeyer is available for a past life regression consultation through the Genesis foundation: http://drdorothy.info
1. Tell us about your qualifications? and (together with number 2) Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work, Ph.D. in Philosophy Major: Metaphysics.
Certified NLP/Ericksonian Hypnosis Practitioner Certified: Past Life Regression Practitioner 30+ years experience. Past President International Association for Regression Therapists .
2. How you became interested in past life regression? At age 7, I received a message that I would have a significant impact in people’s lives. I learned about Past Life Regression work reading about Virginia Mae Morrow, the Colorado woman whose hypnosis-induced recollections of Bridey Murphy was first told in articles by William J. Barker in The Denver Post in 1954 . I was 12 years old
3. Have you encountered unusual past life stories? Having facilitated hundreds of Past Life Regressions many interesting past life juxtapositions have been uncovered. People from other planets? Yes
4. Are birthmarks signs of injury from a past life? Yes, birthmarks and other physical abnormalities and illness are often from a past life. The past life can be accessed and the trauma that has been carried into the current life can be processed and released.
5. What aspects of a person’s past life might carry over to their new incarnation? All issues–mental/emotional, physical and spiritual that the person came to resolve in this life time.
6. Do you feel introverted people are a sign that they are holding on to a past life? It can be a sign, but is not considered an absolute indication of a past life.
Are they easier subjects for hypnosis? There is no research that I am aware of that posits introverts go into a trance easier than others.
7. How can you identify a soul you’ve met before?
• A strong attraction or aversion to a person — There are three types of soul mates.
• Overwhelming emotions when meeting.
• You click immediately/quickly.
• A sense of having known the person before.
• You read each other like a book. You have many things in common.
• Time seems to stand still when you are together.
• You have a strong connection even when apart.
8. Is there a limit to how many times you reincarnate? Incarnation is for the purpose of Emotional and Spiritual growth. As long as the soul desires to evolve in Emotional and/or Spiritual growth the soul has the option of incarnating to finish the work.